Southern Cross Housing 2021 Scholarship Program
The Southern Cross Housing Scholarship Program provides support for our tenants by assisting with the cost of education, sports activities or special interests like cultural learning and arts that help them achieve their full potential. The program supports Primary and High School students, and tenants that are studying at TAFE and University.
How much can you apply for?
The maximum amount residents can apply for depends on what the scholarship will be used for:
- Primary School up to $400.00
- High School or TAFE up to $800.00
- University up to$1,200.00
What can the Scholarship be used for?
You can use the funding to pay for things such as:
- Course fees, for example TAFE or university
- Textbooks, workbooks, study guides
- Computer equipment
- Sports kit/ equipment
- Special equipment
- Specialist skills development e.g. writing courses or football academies
- Outside-of-school activities such as sports or playing an instrument
- Courses in arts, crafts and other areas of interest for adults
- Courses in employment related skills for example, driving lessons
Who can apply?
To apply for a scholarship, you must:
- Have completed and submitted a feedback form (if you have previously received funds under the program)
- Live in a Southern Cross Housing Property or be receiving support services from one of Southern Cross Housing’s formal partner organisations including:
- The Disability Trust
- Southern Youth & Family Services
- Supported Accommodation & Homelessness Services Shoalhaven – Illawarra
- St Vincent De Paul
- Uniting Care
How do I apply?
Applications for our 2021/22 round have closed. Applications for the 2022/23 funding round will open on 1 December 2021.
- Simply fill in an application form found here on our website or pick up a form from one of our offices in in Nowra, Ulladulla, Batemans Bay, Bega or Cooma. You can also call the office to have an application form mailed to you.
- You will need to send in documents to support your application. This might include a course acceptance letter, copy of course fees, and quotes for any equipment costs or sporting activities.
- Supporting information is important and helps our assessment panel to better understand how the scholarship could help you to achieve your goals.
A copy of our SCH Scholarship Policy can be viewed here.
It is a requirement of all scholarship recipients that they submit a feedback form to Southern Cross Housing. Applicants that received funding under the 2021/22 funding round need to submit their Feedback Form by 31 December 2021.